(Use any amounts you have, but these are guidelines)
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips/pieces
- 2 cups of nuts: almonds, pecans & walnuts (peanuts are not a nut and should not be eaten).
- 1/2 – 1 cup dried apricots and/or dried cherries
In large mixing bowl toss ingredients together. Using a large spoon, place a spoonful or two into snack baggies. Throw the filled baggies in the freezer. On your way out the door, grab a baggie of stress reducing goodies!
1. Dark chocolate
Yep, dark chocolate has an incredible array of health benefits packed into every square of deliciousness:
- improves blood flow = lowers high blood pressure
- increases insulin sensitivity = reduces risk of diabetes
- reduces inflammation
- rich in nutrients
Look for a bar that is:
- higher cocoa % (over 70% is better)
- does not contain soy lecithin
2. Almonds, Pecans & Walnuts
High in B vitamins, which are great for balancing your nerves. They also have antioxidants and zinc, which boost you rime system.
3. Dried Apricots & Dried Cherries
These may seem a little pricey, but when you see what they add to your snack mix, you will be all over these beauties.
- contain magnesium, a natural muscle relaxant
- improve issues os constipation
- antioxidants help with blood pressure issues
- helps with anemia = increases energy